Image Map

November 13, 2013

A-Activites Like.....

Its Activities Wednesday. I must first admit that I love FALL! Its my favorite time of year so it goes without saying that my favorite go to activities are all about fall, Halloween, and pumpkins.
First up is Halloween. The activates we do varies every year but my absolute favorite is when we read "Room on The Broom" and complete our witch beginning, middle, and end activity. I used to do a complicated witch on the boom craftivity, but then this year I saw this cute craft on Pinterest and just had to try it. I have to tell you-I LOVED IT.



Up next is our real or fake pumpkin experiment. I love this activity it sets the mood for fall in my classroom. Students love to come in and look at the pumpkins to see which one has started to sprout. Then at the end we place it in our school garden so we can watch it all year long.

The next activity I love usually comes at the end of our matter unit, which happens to also conveniently be in the fall. We spend about two to three weeks talking about the properties of matter and how to change it. Then we make PUMPKIN Pancakes. I love it. We get to talk about solids, liquids, and gas all in one lesson then we get to see how heat changes it. Not to mention they taste great.

My final fall activity is a new one to me this year. I always do some type of how to writing with my kiddos. This year we did pumpkin pie in a bag. The kids really did well with the writing and they all thought the treat was YUMMY.
Well that's just a few of my favorite go to activities. What are some of yours?
Be sure to check out all the great post over on Blog Hoppin for lots of great ideas.


Blog Hoppin




No comments:

Post a Comment